![]() |
| Carrie Mae Weems, Self-Portrait, Santiago de Cuba |
Good class last night. Some of you (all of you) are pushing yourselves on the work. That's great. A little more conversation from your end--immediate reactions are always good, no matter where they take us. And, as I said to Monica, it's fine when you find yourself contradicting me! (Read that sentence again!)
Here's the class blog url: http://anthonydubovsky27.blogspot.com/
I'll post our words, and the poems--and whatever else seems appropriate to my end of the class--week by week.
I want each of you to set up a blog as well. On blogger.com (you need gmail password for this). Post work each week--and post writing to go with it--100 words is fine. What to write? I have no idea--but let the words emerge as you're working on the visual work. We live in a world where words tend to take precedence (even with all the lip-service to visual culture)--so a fluidity in writing your own way--that is, finding your own way(s) to write remains important. Your own voice. Especially in concert with the rest of your work...
_____
Regarding Carrie Mae Weems (a wonderful artist). Has a show at the Guggenheim right now. Read Holland Cotter's review in the NYT. He's a very good (and sympathetic) writer...you can learn from how he writes as well as from what he says...

No comments:
Post a Comment